- June 3, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: News
Having monitored the decline of new COVID-19 cases and having procured sufficient amounts of personal protective equipment and refining procedures to protect our patients and staff, we are pleased to announce that we are now scheduling for routine dental treatment. Limited appointments will be available to schedule patients properly to ensure social distancing and time for thorough cleansing of the surfaces and air in all rooms between appointments.
PATIENT CHECK LIST:
- Wear a mask over your smile at all times that you are not being treated.
- Bring all appliances such as night guards and retainers to avoid an unnecessary second visit.
- Call the office at (703)734-5707 upon arrival so we can coordinate your entrance.
- We will provide hand sanitizer and take your temperature upon entering.
- Loved ones and people providing rides will be encouraged to stay in their car, not in the office, while waiting.
- Punctual arrival is more important than ever due to the very time-consuming personalized preparation for your appointment.
- We are working on a paperless check in system that will eliminate the passing of forms back and forth. Once this system is in place, you will notice a prompt in your confirmation emails allowing you to fill in the forms from home or on a tablet in the office.
- Due to the difficulty in acquiring proper PPE which has caused an astronomical increase in cost, we find it necessary to offset costs by implementing a temporary $30 patient protection fee per visit.
- All current scheduled appointments are still scheduled as of June 1st, except as mentioned below for Melanie’s patients.
We are happy to welcome Julie as our new hygienist! Julie was personally recommended to us by Melanie. All of your kind words and support in response to our previous email have meant so much. We have forwarded all messages to Melanie and she would love to reach out to anyone that wanted to speak with her. Any appointments scheduled with Melanie will be seen by Julie. Please note that due to continued social distancing, ALL of Julie’s appointments will begin 30 minutes later than your currently scheduled times, (example: if you are scheduled at 1:00 with Julie, this will now become a 1:30 appointment.) We will be contacting everyone to be sure you are aware of this change as well.
We appreciate your continued support and patience as we adapt to the disruption COVID-19 has caused and we look forward to seeing our valued friends and patients again.
Dr. DeWitt & Staff